Outsourced NOC Solutions

Tom Beecher beecher at beecher.cc
Tue Jun 9 02:53:45 UTC 2020

United Cable Company is primarily a broker.

To Rod's questions :

Sure, you can light a pair and monitor it many different ways. However, as
James has said already, most people who want dark fiber are going to want
one pair of glass from A to Z with nothing in the middle at all that they
don't know about. For me, I would want to know exactly what you had in
place ( full specifications , not hand waved 'monitoring device' ) , what
wavelengths it used, how it functioned (fully passive, etc), along with
some extensive tests to make sure I could do what I expected to without any
interference or surprises, before I would come near a contract with you.
>From my point of view, any device on the glass I am leasing is essentially
now part of my network, so I need to know everything about it. Others may
have different standards of course, but that's perfectly fine.

I would say personally though that if during due diligence, your NOC was
nothing more than an answering service to someone else, which it kinda
sounds like you want, I would personally not do business with that. Again
others may have different standards, and that's ok.