Outsourced NOC Solutions

Roel Parijs roel.parijs at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 18:44:39 UTC 2020

Hello,

Yes, you can install a permanent OTDR meter on the fiber.

Exfo used to have them but a very cost effective solution which we have
been selling for years is the Adva ALM.
https://www.adva.com/en/products/network-infrastructure-assurance/alm
You can even monitor the actual customer fiber, since it uses wavelength
1650nm which does not interfere with Grey / CWDM / DWDM signals.
Up to 64 fibers per unit, with a maximum distance of 160km and it can even
monitor PON networks behind the splitters.
The best part for troubleshooting is that it integrates with existing GIS
systems which show you the location of the suspected cut on a map.

Regards
Roel