Outsourced NOC Solutions

Rod Beck rod.beck at unitedcablecompany.com
Mon Jun 8 18:24:28 UTC 2020

Hi,

My colleague and I may be running a new dark fiber network in the Northeast.

We need an outsourced NOC to monitor for fiber cuts and serve as a contact point for customers.

Am I wrong in believing that there should be a way of lighting a single pair in the cable and then monitoring it for signal disruption? It is not a perfect solution, but arguably better than learning that the cable has been damaged from an irate customer.

Best to take any replies off the message board.

Thanks.

Regards,

Roderick.

Roderick Beck