Partial vs Full tables

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Mon Jun 8 06:04:48 UTC 2020

On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 at 00:55, Ryan Woolley <rwoolleynanog at gmail.com> wrote:

> order of 2x) on even very-well-connected routers.  This is implemented
> by Arista in the feature that Yang linked to with the URL containing
> "fib-compression", but the actual command is better named: "ip fib
> compression redundant-specifics filter"

I'll take my imagination boat from the dry docks and sail to 2035. Lot
of people still run Jericho ANET, it is the new CAT6500 PFC3. DFZ
won't fit it anymore without redundant-specifics.
Are we at all concerned that someone in the DFZ advertises a minimum
set of prefixes needed to force decompression and if we are, how do we
protect from it, if we are not, why are we not?

--
  ++ytti