understanding IPv6

Daniel Sterling sterling.daniel at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 14:21:01 UTC 2020

On Sun, Jun 7, 2020 at 7:17 AM Bjørn Mork <bjorn at mork.no> wrote:
> Sorry, but I have some problems understanding this. AFAICT, you can't
> read anything about configuring IPv6 access without seeing DHCPv6-PD
> mentioned.

The point isn't that I couldn't read about DHCP PD; the point is that
I didn't know that I needed to understand DHCP PD to also understand
how IPv6 is widely deployed, until someone who did know very kindly
pointed me in the right direction.

>   * Automatic bootstrap from SLAAC, stateless DHCPv6, stateful DHCPv6,
>     DHCPv6-PD and any combination

I was overwhelmed with this information. Remember, I'm trying to learn
about IPv6 because I *want* to know more; I don't want to be ignorant.
I really, really am honestly trying, and I'm telling you it was hard.
If I'm *looking* to learn and still can't figure it out, what does
that say about all the people who don't care as much?

-- Dan