Partial vs Full tables

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Jun 5 17:37:29 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 10:30 AM Tore Anderson <tore at fud.no> wrote:
> In the end I felt that running in production with the RIB and the FIB
> perpetually out of sync was too much of a hack, something that I would
> likely come to regret at a later point in time. That approach never
> made it out of the lab.

Speak of which, did anyone ever implement FIB compression? I seem to
remember the calculations looked really favorable for the leaf node
use case (like James') where the router sits at the edge with a small
number of more or less equivalent upstream transits. The FIB is the
expensive memory. The RIB sits in the cheap part of the hardware.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William Herrin