Partial vs Full tables

Tore Anderson tore at fud.no
Fri Jun 5 08:48:12 UTC 2020

* Saku Ytti

> On Fri, 5 Jun 2020 at 11:23, Tore Anderson <tore at fud.no> wrote:
>
> > Sure you can, you just ask them. (We did.)
>
> And is it the same now? Some Ytti didn't 'fix' the config last night?
> Or NOS change which doesn't do conditional routes? Or they
> misunderstood their implementation and it doesn't actually work like
> they think it does. I personally always design my reliance to other
> people's clue to be as little as operationally feasible.

The way they answered the question showed that they had already
considered this particular failure case and engineered their
implementation accordingly. That is good enough for us.

Incorrect origination of a default route is, after all, just one of the
essentially infinite ways our transit providers can screw up our
services. Therefore it would make no sense to me to entrust the
delivery of our business critical packets to a transit provider, yet at
the same time not trust them to originate a default route reliably.

If we did not feel I could trust my transit provider, we would simply
find another one. There are plenty to choose from.

Tore