BGP route hijack by AS10990

Tom Beecher beecher at beecher.cc
Thu Jul 30 17:44:50 UTC 2020

It's not like there are scorecards, but there's a lot of fault to go
around.

However, again, BGP "Optimizers" are bad. The conditions by which the
inadvertent leak occur need to be fixed , no question. But in scenarios
like this, as-path length generally limits impact to "Oh crap, I'll fix
that, sorry!." Once you start squirting out more specifics, you get to own
some of the egg on the face.