NANOG 80 will be a virtual meeting 👉

NANOG News news at nanog.org
Mon Jul 27 14:58:30 UTC 2020

*NANOG 80 will be held as a virtual meeting to ensure the safety and
wellbeing of our community — the in-person meeting in Seattle has been
canceled. *

In light of continued COVID-19 outbreaks throughout North America, the
NANOG Board of Directors and Staff have decided to hold NANOG 80
<https://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog-80/> exclusively as a virtual
meeting. When surveying our community, the majority of respondents said
they would not attend in-person, and would only feel comfortable doing so
if there was a widely available COVID-19 vaccine. We feel the decision to
hold the meeting online best ensures everyone’s safety.

The NANOG Staff and Program Committee (PC) are working hard to provide the
best virtual experience for NANOG 80, which will be held online from
October 19-21, 2020. The program will offer three days of best-in-class
talks, tutorials, keynotes, and panels, peer reviewed and developed by the
PC. Elections for the NANOG Board of Directors will also take place during
NANOG 80, with nominations opening August 17. The NANOG 80 registration fee
will be $250. If this presents a hurdle to your attendance, we encourage
you to apply for a NANOG 80 fellowship — details on how to apply will be
announced soon.

The PC is actively seeking talk proposals
<https://www.nanog.org/participate/call-presentations/> for the NANOG 80
program, and welcomes anyone interested in sharing their experiences,
ideas, or the latest technologies with the greater NANOG community to
submit a proposal for a virtual presentation by Monday, August 24.

We will continue to keep you informed about the meeting, with announcements
when NANOG 80 registration opens and the agenda is live. Please contact us
with any additional questions or concerns, at any time:
nanog-support at nanog.org

Sincerely,
The NANOG Board of Directors + Staff