cloud backup

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.com
Mon Jul 27 11:55:15 UTC 2020

On 27/Jul/20 13:49, adamv0025 at netconsultings.com wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, do you folks encrypt the data prior to upload to the
> cloud (especially when uploading to folks like aws/google/ms/(facebook))?
> Was wondering if these folks provide encryption of stored data - quick
> google search suggests that google does not.

Personally, this is why I don't like to put my data in the cloud. Not
that they don't encrypt (or do)... it's just too much black art.

I'll still invest in hard drives and lock safes.

The most I've done with a cloud is iCloud - to sync. the phone book and
calendar between devices :-). Got no issue with losing that...

YMMV.

Mark.