cloud backup

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.com
Mon Jul 27 06:58:03 UTC 2020

On 26/Jul/20 23:44, John Sage wrote:

> That awkward moment when someone apparently thinks that the author of:
>
> A Basic FidoNet(r) Technical Standard
> Revision 16
> by
> Randy Bush, Pacific Systems Group
> September 30, 1995
>
> is...
>
> ...what was the word?
>
> A "newbie"?
>
> hmm...

The Internet is always the Internet. What others do with it for it to
add value to lives is a different thing.

Almost everyone can offer something as simple as a web-based e-mail
service. There aren't many companies that can offer a decent cloud
backup solution, for the price. Much in the same way we discuss the
limited number of VoD service providers on this list, for one reason or
another. Or equipment vendors. Or CDN providers. Or...

The Internet is pointless if we don't derive some utility from it. That
that utility is given a product name should not be seen as evil, until
that company comes on here to market it themselves, of course.

Mark.