Participate in COVID-19 Paper for BITAG? [NANOG]

Livingood, Jason Jason_Livingood at comcast.com
Fri Jul 24 15:30:44 UTC 2020

I thought this may be of interest to some of the network operators here on the NANOG list.

I am reaching out to solicit interest in participating in the development of a new technical paper from the Broadband Internet Technical Advisory Group (BITAG). In September we will begin work on a short paper that summarizes & memorializes the different sorts of things various players across the Internet ecosystem did in order to react to the unprecedented increase in Internet usage as a result of COVID-19. In the NANOG context, this would be the general sorts of things that access networks, IXPs, transit networks, enterprise networks, etc. undertook to adapt to the huge change stemming from COVID-19.

In most cases this is not doing new work but merely referring to already published information, as the goal is to provide a broad survey of actions across the entire Internet ecosystem in order to explain and document the broad arc of the story.

Your organization does NOT need to be a member/sponsor of BITAG to participate. As we anticipate the paper being relatively short, the time commitment will be at most 2 hours per week if not significantly less than that (a weekly call plus any text contribution/review).

See details at https://github.com/bitag-twg/bitag2.0/blob/master/pandemic-network-performance.md

I hope you will consider having someone from your organization participate! Please contact Doug Sicker (dsicker at bitag.org<mailto:dsicker at bitag.org>) with questions or to participate.

Thanks!
Jason