Don Smith, RIP.

John Kristoff jtk at depaul.edu
Fri Jul 24 01:03:44 UTC 2020

On Thu, 23 Jul 2020 23:22:45 +0000
"Dobbins, Roland" <Roland.Dobbins at netscout.com> wrote:

> It is with a heavy heart that I must relate the news that Don Smith,
> formerly of CenturyLink and more lately of Netscout Arbor, passed
> away in his sleep last night.

Thanks again for this Roland.  We have lost one of the giants of the
Internet security community.  So much of what he did was behind the
scenes and without fanfare.  From his exceedingly thorough testing of
vendor gear to his contributions in the standards community to his
ongoing efforts to thwart Internet badness and for me personally his
assistance in helping develop various solutions.  He was an important
and exceptionally helpful partner when we were first developing and
rolling out UTRS at Team Cymru.

He will be missed.

John