questions asked during network engineer interview

Brandon Martin lists.nanog at monmotha.net
Mon Jul 20 21:59:51 UTC 2020

On 7/20/20 4:02 PM, William Herrin wrote:
> I find there's a strong INVERSE correlation between the quantity of
> certificates on an applicant's resume and their ability to do the job.
> I still have to laugh about the guy who let me know via his resume
> that he was certified in setting up Kentrox CSU/DSUs.

Pass given to those who cram them into a "certificates" or "specifics"
line or similar in order to get around HR filters, limit them to major
certs (or ones your HR dept. specifically demanded), and don't really
mention them otherwise.  Bear in mind as well that, even if your hiring
process doesn't demand them, others' will, and many people have a
standard-ish resume with application-specific cover letter.

--
Brandon Martin