[EXTERNAL] Re: Wifi Calling Firewall Holes to Punch

Lyden, John C lyden at rowan.edu
Fri Jul 17 21:39:45 UTC 2020

Jason/Josh:

Thanks for the input. The issue isn't NAT (we're not NATing). The issue is without NAT, the Wifi Calling feature apparently chooses to initiate inbound from the carrier to the client. When NAT'd, the client recognizes the NAT and initiates on its own. Or at least that what it appears. I calls 'em like I sees 'em. Whale biologist.

If anybody has AT&T, TMo and Sprint (because I suppose we need to hold on to them as separate objects until the merger is complete) it'd be much appreciated. AT&T only lists FQDN's here: https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1114459/ (which the Palo should [SHOULD] understand) but...paranoia I guess. Others have listed TMo as 208.54.0.0/17 and 66.94.0.0/19 as recently as 2018, and Sprint has exactly nothing.

And as I type this, someone chimed in offlist seconding 280.54.0.0/17 for TMo, so I'll add that to my list.

Thanks again everyone?!

John C. Lyden
Manager of Network Infrastructure, Infrastructure Services
Division of Information Resources & Technology

Rowan University
201 Mullica Hill Road, Glassboro, NJ 08028
rowan.edu/irt<http://rowan.edu/irt>