[EXTERNAL] Re: Wifi Calling Firewall Holes to Punch

Lyden, John C lyden at rowan.edu
Fri Jul 17 21:37:35 UTC 2020

> It's been a minute since I've set this up in a corp/campus wifi scenario, but my notes for Verizon

> VoWiFi  from the last time I did say that you need outbound udp/500 and udp/4500 IPSec protocol
> (IKE and ESP) permitted out the firewall. Tunnel endpoints live in 141.207.0.0/16<http://141.207.0.0/16>, so hopefully that
> lets you scope the rule enough to please your ISO.

Alex, thanks for the netblock info. ISO's accepted an 'any' scoped to a destination of just this new network; I already land it via GRE on a separate zone from the rest of the campus network. They would, however like me to tighten it up as much as possible so the VZW netblock is a massive help. ?

John C. Lyden

Manager of Network Infrastructure, Infrastructure Services
Division of Information Resources & Technology

Rowan University
201 Mullica Hill Road, Glassboro, NJ 08028
rowan.edu/irt<http://rowan.edu/irt>