non-rate limited, automatable Looking Glasses?

Lars Prehn lprehn at mpi-inf.mpg.de
Sat Jul 18 21:33:34 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

In the next couple of months, I want to compare data plane and control
plane measurements on a larger scale. In particular, I'm looking for
(publicly accessible) devices that receive BGP feeds and can perform a
bunch of automated (paris) traceroutes. I currently do not have an exact
probing rate or target set in mind; however, I'm sure that manually
entering IP addresses as targets for usual Looking glasses won't cut it.
Does anyone know less-restricted (maybe even automatable?) Looking
Glasses (or similar devices) or is willing to provide access to one?

BTW: I though about picking Atlas probes from ASes that feed BGP
Collector Projects (e.g. RIPE RIS or RouteViews). Unfortunately, the
respective probes are often really far apart from the feeding routers;
thus, their individual perspectives are likely misaligned :(

Best regards,

Lars