BFD for long haul circuit

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Sat Jul 18 13:31:51 UTC 2020

Well luckily we have MEF to set expectations about ones EPL/EVPL/EPLAN/EVPLAN performance. (and formal SLA contracts describing every single aspect of the service and its performance).

Anyways, when I was designing these the back in the days when it was cool and demand was high, customers (other carriers) were getting MTU9100 (to fit customers MTU9000), the whole CFM & LFM shebang (to the point made earlier in the thread that the link should go down on both ends -like it’s the case with a wave) and sub 50ms convergence in case something when wrong inside our backbone.

We as a provider got more $$$ from single investment to our wave/fiber, but our customers could enjoy p2p links on par with wave for less $.

adam