Wifi Calling Firewall Holes to Punch

Alex Buie alexander.buie at datto.com
Fri Jul 17 16:59:18 UTC 2020

It's been a minute since I've set this up in a corp/campus wifi scenario,
but my notes for Verizon VoWiFi  from the last time I did say that you need
outbound udp/500 and udp/4500 IPSec protocol (IKE and ESP) permitted out
the firewall. Tunnel endpoints live in 141.207.0.0/16, so hopefully that
lets you scope the rule enough to please your ISO.

Devices will also need the ability to make an HTTPS request to
https://spg.vzw.com/SSFGateway/e911Location/changeAddress

As well, DNS queries for the ePDG domain wo.vzwwo.com need to be permitted.

That _should_ be all you need to get it bootstrapped.

Alex

--
*Alex Buie*
Associate Network Engineer