questions asked during network engineer interview

Greg Skinner gregskinner0 at icloud.com
Tue Jul 14 03:16:58 UTC 2020

If you ever decide to revisit this subject, I recall it was covered here in this thread started by Bill Herrin <https://mailman.nanog.org/pipermail/nanog/2012-July/149687.html>.

My general feelings on the subject of tech interviews are summarized in the “interview anti-loop” section of this article by Steve Yegge <http://steve-yegge.blogspot.com/2008/03/get-that-job-at-google.html>.   Although it is targeted to people seeking software engineering jobs at FANG (and FANG-like) companies, IMO the general tone is applicable to other tech careers, even network engineering.  I have seen numerous articles (and subsequent discussions) on this subject on forums such as Quora, Medium, and Hacker News.

—gregbo