Anyone running C-Data OLTs?

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.com
Mon Jul 13 14:51:54 UTC 2020

On 11/Jul/20 02:16, Brandon Martin wrote:

> All of the part numbers I was able to find a description of (after
> sifting through the numerous pages copying the vulnerability
> disclosure) appeared to be low-cost, low- to mid-density pizza-box
> EPON OLTs.  I didn't see any ONUs, but then I also didn't find data on
> everything.
>
> I know a low of EPON deployments go for all-in-ones with the ONU,
> router, WLAN, etc. integrated into a single box presumably because
> it's cheaper for initial deployment than separate boxes for ONU and
> CPE router/AP.  No indication of those being affected in this notice,
> at least that I could find.

A number of vendors, these days, implement Active-E and GPON in the same
chassis, and you can decide what you want to run it as.

I recall Cisco picked up some company back around 2014 that gave them
this style of box in the ME4600. Not sure how it's doing nowadays.

Tejas do the same with their Ethernet boxes.

Mark.