Anyone running C-Data OLTs?

Alexander Neilson alexander at neilson.net.nz
Fri Jul 10 22:22:02 UTC 2020

I think the article may also be confusing OLT and ONT.

They are talking about how the “OLT” that is vulnerable is the device that translates the fibre into the copper Ethernet connected to customers equipment which may indicate these are actually ONT’s being talked about or the article authors got their explanation confused.

For these to be internet exposed presumably they must be including a router function and not simply doing some bridging of customer traffic.

I haven’t checked (on mobile) but those affected model numbers could confirm if it’s OLT, ONT, or both. Possibly the confusion could come from the bug affecting both.

Regards
Alexander

Alexander Neilson
Neilson Productions Limited