60ms cross continent

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.com
Tue Jul 7 08:41:28 UTC 2020

On 7/Jul/20 08:51, Denys Fedoryshchenko wrote:

> And as Ku is often covering specific regions, often it means rainy
> days for most transponder customers.
> This is why in zones closer to equator, with their long-term monsoon,
> C-Band was only option,
> no idea about now.

In much of Africa, the largest satellite TV provider has been running on
Ku-Band into homes for several years now.

I'm not sure if they still support C-Band services for specialized
requirements. But all consumers have been on Ku-Band for a while now.

Heavy rain does cause outages, but overcasts do not.

If you are lucky to have an FTTH service and you are hit with rain, you
can turn to their app and stream the same live channels while the rain
falls.

Mark.