CBS All acess/irdeto

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Fri Jan 31 20:38:17 UTC 2020

Let me know when you solve it so I can add the info to: http://thebrotherswisp.com/index.php/geo-and-vpn/

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com

Midwest-IX
http://www.midwest-ix.com

----- Original Message -----

From: "Michael Crapse" <michael at wi-fiber.io>
To: "NANOG list" <nanog at nanog.org>
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2020 2:18:15 PM
Subject: CBS All acess/irdeto

Our eyeball customers all of a sudden can no longer reach their CBS all access content. Inspection of the network connections now show a 403 error when trying to post to https://cbsi.live.ott.irdeto.com/widevine/getlicense
code: 100214
message: "The request originated from ip address 196.53.97.0 which is not included in the JWT ips claim."

I'm going to assume that they randomly started geolocating differently. Wonder if it's either CBS, or irdeto that can help us resolve our IP block 196.53.96.0/22 issues.