Reaching out to Sony NOC, resolving DDoS Issues - Need POC

Tom Beecher beecher at beecher.cc
Tue Jan 28 16:28:55 UTC 2020

Trying to summarize here, this convo has been a bit disjointed.

Is this an accurate summary?

- The malicious traffic with spoofed sources is targeting multiple
different destinations.
- The aggregate of all those flows is causing Impervia to flag your IP
range as a bad actor.
- Sony uses Impervia blacklists, and since Impervia has flagged your space
as bad, Sony is blocking you.

If that is true, my advice would be to go right to Impervia. Explain the
situation, and ask for their assistance in identifying and or/reaching out
to the networks that they are detecting this spoofed traffic coming from.
The backscatter, as Jared said earlier, could probably help you a bit too,
but Impervia should be willing to assist. It's in their best interests to
not have false positives, but who knows.