Reminiscing our first internet connections (WAS) Re: akamai yesterday - what in the world was that

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Mon Jan 27 17:47:01 UTC 2020

The fudge was required because of the use of copper based T1's. The
early implementation required a min of 1's density for those old
repeaters to work properly(AMI, Alt Mark Inversion). Conversion to fiber
between telco offices allowed them to drop SF and AMI to ESF. Fiber
equipment dropped the min 1 density to function properly.

Lyle