akamai yesterday - what in the world was that

Paul Nash paul at nashnetworks.ca
Mon Jan 27 17:18:23 UTC 2020

> first personal connection was a dedicated dialin using a telebit
> trailblazer at 9600 bps. that was a benefit of work.

The Telebits were awesome over impaired lines.  Their funky modulation scheme let them get through where nothing else would (like using barbed wire fences instead of phone wire).

I used them to link up the UNHCR in Northern Mozambique.  Only problems were when someone opened a gate in the fence to move cattle — no carried until they closed it again.

	paul