akamai yesterday - what in the world was that

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Sat Jan 25 11:23:22 UTC 2020

Valdis Klētnieks wrote on 24/01/2020 21:20:
> I remember when a "gateway" was a Microvax II with an ethernet card and a
> bisync card

I remember the day when the microvax II and all the other vaxes on
campus were upgraded from CMU-TEK to the Multinet TCP/IP stack.  Gone
were the days of maxing out at 14kbit/s on the high speed 10 megabit
co-ax campus backbone - we could now get hundreds of kilobits per
second.  The joy of it.

That decision to upgrade happened the day that all CMU-TEK installations
in the world went offline due to some bug or other.

Nick