Data on latency and loss-rates during congestion DDoS attacks

Amir Herzberg amir.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 12:39:56 UTC 2020

Dear NANOG,

One of my ongoing research works is about a transport protocol that ensures
(critical) communication in spite of DDoS congestion attack (which cannot
be circumvented), by (careful) use of Forward Error Correction. Yes,
obviously, this has to be done and used carefully since the FEC clearly
increases traffic rather than the typical congestion-control approach of
reducing it, I'm well aware of it; but some applications are critical (and
often low-bandwidth) so such tool is important.

I am looking for data on loss rate and congestion of DDoS attacks to make
sure we use right parameters. Any chance you have such data and can share?

Many thanks!
--
Amir Herzberg
Comcast chair of security innovation, University of Connecticut
<https://www.researchgate.net/project/Lecture-notes-on-Introduction-to-Cyber-Security>