akamai yesterday - what in the world was that

Tom Deligiannis tom.deligiannis at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 20:11:28 UTC 2020

> I get annoyed when I'm chatting with friends, waiting to play some game
> we decided to download, and it's ONLY downloading at 300 megabits per
> second! :P

In this scenario, which mechanism controls the download speed? I hear many
users complain that their gigabit internet connection is not maxing out and
the update is taking forever. I would never expect a gigabit internet
connection to be saturated during a game update, but I'm curious how the
throttling works.

Thanks.