akamai yesterday - what in the world was that

Tom Beecher beecher at beecher.cc
Thu Jan 23 17:38:33 UTC 2020

> I think this is a tribute to how we’ve built and upgraded networks for
> capacity and speed.

I think it's spot on.

In years past it made more sense to distribute smaller , incremental
patches. More work on the software side, but it was likely a better option
than getting blasted on Twitter because "OMG I WANT TO PLAY AND MY DOWNLOAD
IS TAKING 8 HOURS".

This just follows the same rules as networks have always seemed to; If you
build it, they will come, and you'll have to build more. :)