akamai yesterday - what in the world was that

Bryan Holloway bryan at shout.net
Thu Jan 23 16:13:15 UTC 2020

This echoed events a month or so ago, and I'm curious as to what is
making these releases more, uh, network-impacting.

Game releases are hardly a new thing, but these last two events seem to
be almost an order of magnitude higher than what we're used to (at least
on our predominantly eyeball network.)

Any thoughts from the community? We're taking steps to accommodate, but
from a capacity-planning perspective, this seems non-linear to me.

Or is it just in my head?