Provider Suggestions for Diverse 10g Wave CHI-NJ

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Wed Jan 22 22:41:41 UTC 2020

Crown doesn't have their own intercity fiber from Chicago, so they must be riding on someone's IRU.

I was going to recommend looking at the carrier list for CyrusOne - Aurora. While obviously not where you're wanting to go, it would provide you with a list of carriers that cater to that space and you could start on that list. Unfortunately, they don't provide that on their site anymore.

I assume that since you're on at least part of Spread Networks that latency is of at least some interest.

I do find it odd that CenturyLink\Level 3 couldn't provide path diversity. Maybe not being completely on the Spread path the whole way cuts down your options.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com