Provider Suggestions for Diverse 10g Wave CHI-NJ

Josh Niec josh.niec at tastytrade.com
Wed Jan 22 18:45:25 UTC 2020

Hey Nanog,

Could anyone suggest providers for a diverse/alternative 10g wave service between Equinix in Chicago and Equinix in New Jersey (northeastern part of the state)? Currently we have a 10g wave service via the infamous Spread Networks low-latency path between the two locations, but are looking for a second that is completely diverse with no overlaps between the two data centers.

Our current provider is Crown Castle Fiber, and half of the segment, from the Ohio area to New Jersey, is leased from Zayo (who purchased Spread) by CCF. I want diverse carriers for this other path, so Zayo/CCF are not an option.

I’ve checked with CenturyLink/Level3 who are unable to provide a completely diverse path. I have also reached out to Verizon who have been dragging me through a 3 month+ long process with no proposals so far (they wanted me to sign the contract before showing me the actual route of the circuit, with no guarantee that it wouldn’t overlap).

Thanks,

Josh Niec
Senior Network Engineer

--

 <https://www.tastytrade.com/tt/>19 N Sangamon St.
Chicago, IL 60607

855.468.2789
*TASTYWORKS IS HERE!! *Have you heard about tastyworks yet?

_*CLICK HERE <https://tastyworks.com/>*_ to be notified of updates
regarding our new brokerage firm.__
Thank you for your
communication to
tastytrade.  To enhance your tastytrade experience, our
 on-air hosts
invite our viewers to submit commentary and questions by
email.
Consistent with the content provided on our shows, our responses
 are
intended to be general communications that are not geared toward
any
person’s individual circumstances.  If you ask us how to implement a

specific strategy, we will explain the basics of the strategy to
 you as
part of our educational process.  Our responses do not
constitute trading
or investment advice or recommendations.  You are
responsible for making
any trading decisions.  The strategies or trades
that tastytrade uses as
examples may not be suitable for you.
tastytrade is not a licensed
financial advisor, a registered investment
adviser or a registered
broker-dealer.