5G roadblock: labor

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Fri Jan 17 05:00:05 UTC 2020

On 16/Jan/20 11:50, Alexandre Petrescu wrote:

> The list of bands seems long, much longer than what my eye is used to.
> It is an expression of new chips extremely parametrable and generic.
>
> The band 71 seems to have inside some specifics to 5G, somewhere in
> the UHF (hundreds of megahertz).
>
> The bands 42 and 48 are in the 3.5GHz area.  The 3.5GHz are is where
> it is likely that some bands are to be allocated for 5G in France.
>
> (other likely 5G frequencies are in the UHF, in 20-something GHz,
> 60-something and 70-something).
>
> It is for these reasons I believe iphone 11 is ready for 5G.

There could be a ton of bands there, but it doesn't mean they support 5G.

5G isn't just a frequency thing. The phone needs the actual hardware in
there to do it, which is doesn't have.

802.11ax and 802.11a/b/g/n all use 2.4GHz and 5GHz, but they are totally
different bits of hardware in a device.

Mark.