De-bogonising 2a10::/12

Emile Aben emile.aben at ripe.net
Thu Jan 16 08:07:06 UTC 2020

Dear colleagues,

We have now started de-bogonising 2a10::/12!

As part of this, we are announcing a couple of prefixes out of 2a10::/12
from AS12654 (RIPE's Routing Information Service, RIS). Pingable targets
have been configured in these prefixes, and we invite network operators
to test for themselves whether this address space is reachable.

The simplest way to do this would be to perform a ping6 to 2a10:4::1 .

Using RIPE Atlas and RIS, we will also be carrying out our own tests in
order to investigate connectivity and filtering for this address space.
We plan to share our results with the RIPE community via RIPE Labs
within the next few days.

For those who want to do other testing, beyond the basic test described
above, we have a total of 8 targets available for this, with 2 different
prefix lengths and all variations of having ROUTE objects in the RIPE DB
and/or ROAs.

2a10:3:4::1  /48 ROUTE object + ROA
2a10:3:5::1  /48 no ROUTE object + ROA
2a10:3:6::1  /48 ROUTE object + no ROA
2a10:3:7::1  /48 no ROUTE object + no ROA

2a10:4::1    /32 ROUTE object + ROA
2a10:5::1    /32 no ROUTE object + ROA
2a10:6::1    /32 ROUTE object + no ROA
2a10:7::1    /32 no ROUTE object + no ROA

Kind regards,

Emile Aben
RIPE NCC