De-bogonising 2a10::/12

Rabbi Rob Thomas robt at cymru.com
Fri Jan 10 18:06:35 UTC 2020

Hello, NANOG!

Did someone say, “bogon?”  :)

>> We want to remind everybody to update their bogon filters and allow routes originating from 2a10::/12 in their network.
>
> I'd like to remind people not to bogonise unallocated, more downside
> than upside. Particularly if it's CLI jockey network, no one will
> update the config once you change your employer. Even if it's
> toolised, once that tool breaks, no one will fix it, if there are no
> customer complains.

I appreciate the various views on this topic.  If one is going to filter bogons, we strongly recommend that folks BGP peer with us for these updates, or use some other, dynamically updated process.  We update our static lists using the same underlying process, but that won’t update remotely deployed static copies.

For all prefixes, e.g. 2a10::/12, the filtering will be automagically updated as allocations are made.

https://www.team-cymru.com/bogon-reference-bgp.html

Be well,
Rabbi Rob.
--
Rabbi Rob Thomas                                           Team Cymru
   "It is easy to believe in freedom of speech for those with whom we