De-bogonising 2a10::/12

Nikolas Pediaditis npediaditi at ripe.net
Fri Jan 10 14:31:31 UTC 2020

Dear colleagues,

A few months ago the RIPE NCC became the first RIR to receive an additional /12 IPv6 allocation (2a10::/12) from IANA.

We will soon begin to delegate space from this IPv6 block to LIRs. Prior to this, in order to improve routability and minimise the risk of filtering, the RIPE NCC will perform several de-bogonising activities in the next few weeks.

We plan to start announcing the full /12, as well as a few /32 or longer blocks out of 2a10::/12 from AS12654 (RIPE Routing Information System (RIS)), within the next few days. We will analyse data from RIS and RIPE Atlas and we plan to write up an analysis around this effort.

We want to remind everybody to update their bogon filters and allow routes originating from 2a10::/12 in their network.

Kind regards,

Nikolas Pediaditis
Registration Services and Policy Development Manager
RIPE NCC