Reaching out to Sony NOC, resolving DDoS Issues - Need POC

Octolus Development admin at octolus.net
Wed Jan 8 19:36:41 UTC 2020

The thing is.

I can buy a brand new IP.
It works fine on the websites.

The moment it's hit by a DDoS Attack (TCP-AMP) .. Only 24-48 hours later, it's banned from all Inculpsa's aka Imperva's websites :) so something is horrible done wrong on their end and they're not interested in helping.. neither is Sony.
On 08.01.2020 20:26:14, Lukas Tribus <lists at ltri.eu> wrote:
Hello,

On Wed, 8 Jan 2020 at 18:26, Octolus Development wrote:

> The error it displays on both Sony, and Imperva (and whatever websites who uses their protection). So this problem is not with Sony, but rather Imperva blocking IP's wildly.
>
> The IP's are not blocks, it's a single IP and the block/blacklist lifts after 7 days.
>
> Error that appears on those websites, including imperva themself:
> This page can't be displayed. Contact support for additional information.
> The incident ID is: N/A.

That looks like a WAF, so reflection/spoofing is probably *not* the
reason your IPs ended up on those lists.

I assume what you see looks similar to what this returns (a request
that looks like a sql injection):

https://www.imperva.com/bla%20OR%201=1

A few of those hits, or crossing a certain threshold per IP (very easy
for CGN IPs), and your IP probably ends up on those lists I guess. And
of course those endpoints are not IPv6 enabled, so behind CGN the end
customers shares his luck with it's neighbors even if everything is
IPv6 enabled.

Imperva, is that the "cybersecurity firm" that was breached 6 months ago?

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2019/08/cybersecurity-firm-imperva-discloses-breach/

Lukas