breakout

Matt Erculiani merculiani at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 19:49:53 UTC 2020

I doubt it applies to Randy's 48 port switch (and maybe in general), but
for posterity: be advised that the QSFP28 to SFP+ adapter is physically
taller than a standard QSFP28 optic, outside of the device. Inside is still
to spec of course.

Sort of like how RJ45 SFPs are slightly taller than fiber SFPs, so some
switches can't support two rows of them, e.g. Juniper's QFX5100. They CAN
fit, but it requires a little persuasion that most people won't be
comfortable with.

-Matt