breakout

Warren Kumari warren at kumari.net
Wed Jan 8 19:29:36 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 2:20 PM Luke Guillory <lguillory at reservetele.com> wrote:

> You'd need something like this, which you can jumper over to the 10G port.
>

> https://www.fs.com/products/37016.html
>
> Cable to break it out.
>
> https://www.fs.com/products/68048.html

I believe that these (and the AOC option) require that the switch
understand / supports splitting the 40G interface into 4x10s -- now,
presumably Randy can figure that out for the Arcus, but it's
disappointing how many devices *dont* support this.

Actually, while we are discussing this, does anyone know of a current
NIC which has 4 or more 10G ports? The Mellanox switches can
channelize their ports (and they sell a cable for this), but the NICs
don't support it...

> Luke
>

> Ns

idea in the first place.