breakout

Matt Erculiani merculiani at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 19:20:54 UTC 2020

I think you're looking for an MTP breakout cable, rather than a QSFP28
breakout.

The MTP breakout requires separate optics, whereas the active breakout can
plug directly into a device's SFP+ ports.

Something like...

https://www.fs.com/products/24422.html
And
https://www.fs.com/products/41426.html

You'll also need to tell your device to break out it's 40 g into the
component 10g channels. Then they'll each get a distinct port number.
(Usually just a number appended to the parent port)

-Matt