breakout

Ben Cannon ben at 6by7.net
Wed Jan 8 19:16:56 UTC 2020

AOC stands for Active Optical Cable, which means it’s really 4 SFP+ and a qsfp plus intermediate fiber all permanently attached.   1M is the length, 1 meter.

This is distinct from DAC (Direct Attach Cable) which is all copper (you don’t want these, fiber for one thing isolates ground/emi)

This cable won’t work for you without an intermediate switch (bad) because they both end in male SFP plug interface.

However, if you just need to use 10g of the 40g port, you can do it much cheaper and easier with just this part:

https://www.fs.com/products/72582.html

-Ben Cannon
CEO 6x7 Networks & 6x7 Telecom, LLC
ben at 6by7.net <mailto:ben at 6by7.net>