Cost Recovery Surcharge & Va Personal Property Tax Recovery for IP Transit

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Wed Jan 8 16:30:34 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 2:58 AM Rob Seastrom <rs-lists at seastrom.com> wrote:
> It’s called “business tangible personal property tax”, and it’s technically levied by the counties, not by the state (although authorized by the legislature, as all local government activities must be in a Dillon’s Rule state).
>
> Loudoun’s page on this (chosen at random because I live here... and can see The Cloud’s Cloud from my house) is at https://www.loudoun.gov/1556/Business-Tangible-Personal-Property-Tax

Which when you crunch the numbers works out more or less to the sales
tax they didn't pay when they bought that equipment online. Got it.

Did this tax change unpredictably, or am I still safe saying it's
deceitful to add a fee for it on top of the advertised and contracted
service price?

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--