FYI - Suspension of Cogent access to ARIN Whois

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Wed Jan 8 04:19:25 UTC 2020

I will also say that ARIN does not appear to take suspension like this lightly at all… It has taken many years and I’m betting (at least) scores of complaints about this chronic behavior by Cogent prior to ARIN taking this action.

I know that I personally have filed a number of fully documented incidents myself as well as several less formal mentions of the behavior to ARIN staff over at least 5 (probably closer to 10) years.

Owen