FYI - Suspension of Cogent access to ARIN Whois

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Wed Jan 8 01:04:53 UTC 2020

I have to +1 this. I've been solicited many times by them myself and it's sad to see the information used that way.

When I worked at another carrier I helped stop this as well with the sales people. They were creative, but it does at least violate the social norms of the industry at minimum and that was enough for me.

I've been sad to see all the valuable contact methods disappear as the industry has grown over the past 25 years

Sent from my iCar