Third Party OLT Optics

Baldur Norddahl baldur.norddahl at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 20:19:49 UTC 2020

We have some FS optics in Zhone equipment. Works better than the original
and has stronger output. However there is one catch: after a reboot zhone
recognise that the optics are not original and refuse to bring the ports
online. You then have to swap in an original optic to activate the port.
Afterwards you can swap back to the FS optics. Needless to say, this
creates a situation if you ever experience interruption of power...

My optics are maybe 2 years old so maybe FS managed to clone the vendor id
better later. We dropped zhone as vendor, so I don't care too much anymore.

Regards
Baldur