Reaching out to Sony NOC, resolving DDoS Issues - Need POC

Töma Gavrichenkov ximaera at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 18:21:29 UTC 2020

Peace,

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020, 9:10 PM Hugo Slabbert <hugo at slabnet.com> wrote:

> And you're sure that you are the reflection target not the reflection
> vector?

Well, in almost any* case blacklisting reflection vectors by IP is an
insanely bad practice.

* — I can *think* of a use case when this could be an appropriate solution
(I recall Netscout/Arbor once had such a use case), but in the overwhelming
majority of incidents it is absolutely not, and you need to be one hundred
percent sure you know what you're doing.

--
Töma