5G roadblock: labor

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Mon Jan 6 22:30:53 UTC 2020

On 6/Jan/20 23:51, Andrey Kostin wrote:

> On Lufthansa flights unlimited Internet access is 12 Euro, and 3 Euro
> is for "checking email". Don't think it's going to be cheaper, but
> higher speed - yes, definitely.

There is a certain joy that comes with being disconnected from the
world, even if for just a few hours on a flight.

On a recent QF flight a few months ago, I really did need to push out an
e-mail as we took off, and after years of successfully avoiding the
inflight wi-fi trap, I caved in and paid the US$20 for 100MB. It didn't
work. That's 4 bottles of really good South African Merlot I'll never
get back.

So now, back to being disconnected from the world when in flight. Fool
me once :-)...

Mark.