5G roadblock: labor

Andrey Kostin ankost at podolsk.ru
Mon Jan 6 21:07:59 UTC 2020

John D'Ambrosia писал 2020-01-05 07:48:
> Sabri
> At the very end you note 100base-t as a precursor to 400g.  100baset
> really found its success as an access solution - computer connections.
>  400GbE will be an aggregation / core solution.  It will be some time
> if ever where 400GbE is used as an access solution - perhaps some hpc
> applications.

I used to work in the company that used to be a one of ISP pioneers in
Russia. There was an anecdotic situation back in 1993 when they brought
up a new E3 link to Finland but didn't change reverse DNS records for
IPs. When a customer called support and asked "Why do I see hops with
'dialup' in the path, are you connecting to Internet by dialup
connection?", support replied: "May be it's our future to have 34Mbps on
dialup connection". So, who knows ;)

Kind regards,
Andrey